Photography at the Conservatory

The Garfield Park Conservatory is owned and operated by the Chicago Park District (CPD).  A CPD issued photo permit is required for any of the types of filming and photography described below.

A permit is required for the following types of filming and photography

  • Commercial, such as:
    • Advertising
    • Catalog photos
    • Publications
  • Documentary
  • Web-based media
  • Non-commercial use, such as:
    • Engagement photos
    • Wedding photos
    • Cotillion photos
  • Student projects
    • Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited school working on a class project to qualify for a student rate.
  • Please notice, the use of drones at Garfield Park Conservatory is prohibited.

View fees and get started now.

Covid Update: Photo permits for the main outdoor gardens are now available. Indoor photo permits are not being issued at this time. Tripods and easels are allowed indoors and outdoors as long as they are not obstructing pathways.

News Media Confirmation Permit

To conduct a professional journalism-based activity on park property a News Media Confirmation Permit is required.  To obtain this permit, contact the Chicago Park District Department of Communications at (312) 742-4786.

If you have any additional questions, view our Frequently Asked Questions page, or call (312) 742-5369.

Be sure to secure your permit before arriving at the Conservatory as we do not issue permits on site.